This is the Best Vegan Baked Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe with tips for the perfect cheesecake & step-by-step guide! It’s super creamy, ultra-rich, so fudgy and topped with a simple Chocolate Ganache! The Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake is dairy-free, egg-free, easy to make and the perfect dessert for all chocolate lovers!
Best Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
I’m SO excited for today’s recipe. Because this is really the best Vegan Baked Chocolate Cheesecake I have ever made! It’s ultra creamy, rich in chocolate flavor and so delicious! Honestly, I can’t find enough words to describe its incredible taste! The texture is just amazingly smooth and it melts in your mouth with every single bite. And when you try it, you will know what I mean for sure.
Freezer Friendly Cheesecake Recipe
If you’ve followed me for a while, you may have noticed that I am one of the biggest cheesecake lovers ever! That’s why I share vegan cheesecake recipes so often and can never get enough of them. The great thing about cheesecakes is that you can easily freeze leftovers! So I don’t mind when I bake too much, haha!
Baked Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo crust
Since my No-Bake Blackberry Mousse Tart was so delicious with the simple no-bake Oreo crust, I decided to make the same Oreo crust for this chocolate cheesecake. It only requires two ingredients – Oreo cookies and melted vegan butter. However, you could also use other cookies with cream filling or chocolate graham crackers. Alternatively, you can choose to make another crust if you want.
How to make the perfect chocolate cheesecake
Start to grease your springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. That way the crust won’t stick to the pan so you will be able to remove the cake easily.
How to make Oreo crust for chocolate cheesecake
Add the Oreo cookies with filling into a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you could also put them into a freezer bag, push out the air, seal it, and crush them using a rolling pin. Then combine the crumbs with melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Transfer to the prepared springform pan and press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides. Place it in the freezer or fridge to firm it up while you make the filling.
Vegan Baked Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
The filling is also very easy to make. But before you start, make sure the ingredients are room temperature or the batter won’t come together smoothly and you’ll end up with lumps. So I recommend removing the cream cheese 30 minutes before you start.
Start with slowly melting the chocolate over a water bath. In the meantime, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth, and creamy. Then mix in sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and vanilla until combined, followed by the non-dairy cream and melted chocolate. Please also be sure to not overmix the filling to avoid creating any air bubbles. Mix every step just until combined.
Water bath Cheesecake
If you have never heard of baking a cheesecake in a water bath, I can assure you that it is not as scary as it sounds! I know anything that is unfamiliar sounds a bit weird at first, but the water bath method is very easy and necessary if you want a gently baked cheesecake. Actually, the water bath insulates the sides of your pan which often bake too fast and lower the temperature. So your cheesecake won’t curdle, or crack or get dry on the sides. rather, it will develop a silky smooth melt in your mouth texture. And that’s what we want, right?
How to bake cheesecake in a water bath
Wrap the outside of your pan from every angle in a double layer of aluminum foil to prevent the water from getting into the cheesecake. Then place the wrapped pan in another baking pan that is a bit larger than the wrapped pan. Pour about 1,5 inch hot water into the baking pan, place it in your preheated oven and bake according to the recipe.
How to cool Chocolate Cheesecake
It is important not to open the oven too early because cheesecakes don’t do well with abrupt temperature changes. So I recommend leaving the oven closed during the baking. After the baking time, turn off the oven and let it sit in there for another 30 minutes or one hour with the oven door cracked a bit. And do not worry if your cheesecake is still wobbly because it will firm up when it cools. So please don’t forget to refrigerate your cheesecake overnight before serving. Otherwise, it’ll be too soft.
Easy Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Once the chocolate cheesecake is chilled, you can make the simple but delicious chocolate ganache. Simply heat the non-dairy cream in a small saucepan until it just starts boiling. Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl and pour over the hot cream. Stir until chocolate is melted and ganache is well combined and smooth. Then pour it over your chilled cake. I also like to spoon a bit of the ganache around the sides, and let it drip off. But this is just an optional step, and totally optional.
How to serve Chocolate Cheesecake
If you don’t want to make the chocolate ganache, you can serve it as it is. Alternatively, you can also add whipped coconut cream or a scoop of icecream on top of your slice. However, this chocolate cheesecake is so rich, creamy and chocolatey that you won’t need anything to serve it with.
This Best Chocolate Cheesecake is:
- Vegan (dairy-free, eggless)
- Easy to make
- Made with Oreo Crust
- Topped with chocolate ganache
- So delicious!
- The Best Chocolate Cheesecake
Looking for more Vegan Cheesecake or Chocolate Recipes? Then you may also like my:
- Best Chocolate Banana Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Snickers Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake
- Best Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Brownie Swirl Cheesecake
- Best Vegan Brownies
- Best Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- Vegan Cheesecake with Cherries
- Or one of my favorite Vegan Crumble Cheesecake Recipes
How to freeze Cheesecake
As I mentioned before, this chocolate cheesecake is freezer friendly! Simply wrap single slices in foil tightly twice. Then place in a freezer ziplock bag. To thaw, simply place the unwrapped cheesecake in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. And please do not heat it in the microwave or oven, or it will melt.
If you try this Best Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe, please leave me a comment below letting me know how it goes! And if you take a picture of your recreation and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka , so I won’t miss your post! Happy baking!
Vegan Baked Chocolate Cheesecake
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 16 Oreo Cookies 180g
- 1/4 cup vegan butter 60g, melted
- 5,6 oz vegan chocolate 160g, chopped
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp non-dairy cream 200ml
- Preheat your oven to 340°F (170°C). Grease an 8-inch (20cm) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Wrap the outside of the pan from every angle in a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Add the Oreo cookies with filling into a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. (Or put them into a freezer bag, squeeze the air out, seal the bag, and crush cookies using a rolling pin.)
- Combine the crumbs with melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared springform pan and press firmly into the bottom of the pan and a bit less than halfway up the sides. Place in the freezer or fridge to firm up while you make the filling.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a water bath, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Then mix in sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and vanilla until combined. Add the cream and melted chocolate lastly and stir until smooth and creamy. Please make sure to mix just until combined.
- Place the prepared wrapped pan in a larger baking pan. Fill in the cheesecake filling. Then pour about 1,5 inch of hot water into the baking pan. Place it in your preheated oven and bake in the water bath for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven and let the cake sit in the oven for further 30-60 minutes with the oven door cracked. Don’t worry if the cheesecake is still wobbly because it will set as it cools.
- Then, remove the cake from the water bath and place on a wire rack. Carefully, remove the foil, run the tip of a knife around the sides of the pan. Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge overnight before removing from the pan.
- Heat the non-dairy cream in a small saucepan just until it starts boiling. Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and ganache is smooth.
- Pour ganache over your chilled cake. Place in the fridge until ganache is set.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Instead of cream cheese, you could use 520g non-dairy quark (it's drained non-dairy yogurt) + 80g vegan butter or margarine. Make sure to check out this blog post about how to drain yogurt.
- If you don't find non-dairy cream, you can chill 1 can full-fat coconut milk overnight, then scrape the solid cream off the top, discarding the liquid.
- Keep the cake loosely covered in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 2 months. Please read my text about how to freeze cheesecake and more tips for cheesecake success!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURES, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.