If you love vegan banana bread and fluffy chocolate pancakes, this easy recipe is what you need! They’re super delicious, rich in chocolate flavor, requiring less ingredients and can easily be made gluten-free too. Perfect for a simple sweet breakfast or healthy dessert!
Best Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Happy Sunday to ya’ll!! How was your Sunday breakfast or brunch today? Anyway, mine was just perfect because I had a big stack of these fluffy vegan chocolate banana bread pancakes. I mean, there’s nothing better than celebrating pancake Sunday with the best pancakes ever, am I right? Especially, when they’re chocolatey, totally delicious but healthier so you can top them with more chocolate without feeling guilty. What else can you ask for?!
This chocolate pancake recipe is definitely fail-proof because I’ve been making it for years and it never let me down. It’s actually one of the first recipes I’ve ever shared here on the blog, however, it definitely needed to be updated, turning it into a banana bread version that is even better than the original with flaxseed-eggs! So say hello to your new favorite vegan chocolate banana pancake recipe. It’s easy, healthy and simply the best!
Fluffy Banana bread Pancakes
Who knew that eggless and dairy-free pancakes could be so fluffy?! Well, I do! And the best thing is that they taste almost like a chocolate banana bread but in pancake shape! Even though these vegan pancakes are delicious on their own, feel free to throw in some add-ins like blueberries or chocolate chips to make the recipe more exciting!
How to make the perfect Pancakes
Basically, I just changed up my classic pancake recipe with a twist on my chocolate banana bread recipe. You need only a few simple ingredients such as flour, non-dairy milk, banana and a little oil and sweetener as needed. Regarding the non-dairy milk, I prefer using almond milk or soy milk but any kind will do! I didn’t add much oil to the batter but I find a little is necessary for the taste! I recommend using canola oil, coconut oil, vegan butter or nut butter such as cashew butter or peanut butter. However, take note that coconut oil or vegan butter solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, so liquid oil is the easier choice.
What is the best egg replacement for pancakes?
If you’ve ever thought that you’ll need eggs to make fluffy pancakes, then I can tell you that you don’t need any eggs! As an egg substitute, I’ve added mashed banana which is not only a perfect binder but also makes your pancakes softer and adds natural sweetness. Along with the baking powder, the batter also gets nice and bubbly which makes your chocolate banana pancake super fluffy and thick. You’ll be surprised at how the batter fluffs up on contact with the hot cooking surface like flatbreads typically do.
The Best Pancake Toppings
As mentioned before these chocolate banana pancakes are delicious on their own, but the toppings will definitely bring them to the next level! My favorites are melted chocolate, peanut butter & jelly, homemade jam, maple syrup, and whipped coconut cream. And not forget to mention the fruits because, to me, there must always be lots of berries on top of my pancake stack! Doesn’t matter if they’re blueberries and blackberries or strawberries, cherries, raspberries, cinnamon apples, caramelized banana – I love any fruit topping!
- Easy Vegan Waffles
- Vegan French Toast
- Best Vegan Banana Bread
- Poppy Seeds Overnight Oats
- Vanilla Pudding Oatmeal
- Vegan Crepes
- Breakfast Burritos
If you do try my Vegan Chocolate Banana Pancakes Recipe I would be happy if you leave a comment and rate it. And if you take a picture of your pancake stack and share it on Instagram, please remember to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka to make sure I won’t miss your post! Enjoy!
Chocolate Banana PancakesAuthor:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
Chocolate Banana Pancakes
Toppings & Add-Ins (Optional)
- chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- fruit of your choice
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Mash the banana with a fork. Then place it in a measuring jar along with the non-dairy milk, oil and maple syrup. Stir to combine, then gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Taste and adjust sweetness. Add a little more non-dairy milk to thin as needed. Fold in 2 tbsp of chocolate chips if desired).
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the batter for each pancake into the pan and fry until bubbles appear on the surface. Then flip and fry the other side too, about 2-3 minutes.
- To make these pancakes gluten-free, I recommend using a gluten-free flour blend 1:1.
- If using another flour, such as oat flour or whole grain flour, keep in mind that your banana bread won’t get as fluffy and soft as when using a lighter flour. Also, please make sure to adjust the liquid by adding more non-dairy milk, if needed, because different flours absorb different amounts of liquid.
- For pancakes, I prefer using canola oil but another neutral oil or melted coconut oil or vegan butter will do too. Just take a note that coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, so liquid oil is the easier choice. Alternatively, you can also sub nut butter such as cashew butter, almond butter or peanut butter since it’s a tasty addition too!
- Please read my blogpost for additional information about this recipe.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.