This easy recipe will show you how to make the best vegan chia seed pudding with blueberries or other fruit! It’s super creamy and tastes delicious not only for breakfast, but also as a healthy dessert or snack!
Vegan chia seed pudding recipe
You will only need 2 main ingredients, a jar or a bowl, and a spoon to make this healthy vegan chia pudding. Once you have all your ingredients ready, all you need to do is combine everything and let it chill for a few hours or overnight.
Not only is this recipe super quick and easy, but it’s also perfect for making ahead. It is no wonder this nutritious pudding is increasingly becoming a popular go-to for busy people and health buffs all over the world!
How Healthy are Chia Seeds?
Did you know that “chia” is a Mayan word that means strength? I think it is an apt description of this amazing superfood! They are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, iron, vitamin b 2, and several essential minerals. They are also considered as high-quality plant-based protein source, containing all nine essential amino acids that our bodies need!
Consuming these tiny black seeds may offer you various health benefits, such as:
- Can help control blood sugar levels
- Improved gut health
- Can help relieve pain
- Aids in lowering blood pressure
- Supports weight loss
You can consume chia seeds dry or soaked. Once chia seeds absorb liquids, they will turn soft and gelatinous similar to cooked tapioca pearls. Mixing it with plant-based milk gives it a creamy, pudding-like taste and texture, while the agave syrup and vanilla add the perfect amount of sweetness and flavor. So delicious!
Add Natural Superfoods
While chia seed pudding is great as it is, I decided to add blueberry powder to give it a boost of flavor and a nice soft purple color. Topped with coconut yogurt, berries, mint, and desiccated coconut, it is refreshingly tasty and looks fancy enough as a dessert!
Did you know that local blueberries are extremely healthy and nutritious? Among other things, they are rich in antioxidants, can have anti-inflammatory and blood-building effects, and support heart health, brain function and digestion. Due to their numerous health-promoting benefits, they are considered to be a natural superfood!
Chia pudding recipe variations
As an alternative to blueberry powder, you can of course use other superfoods such as hibiscus flower powder, açaí, moringa or spirulina, all of which have many health benefits and add a beautiful color to your chia pudding!
So don’t hesitate to get creative with different flavor combinations and toppings. Here are some more ideas you can try:
- Chocolate Chia Pudding: Instead of fruit powder, add cocoa powder to the mix. Double up on the chocolatey goodness by topping it with chocolate chips or crumbles.
- Peanut Butter Chia Pudding: This will be an instant hit with your kids! Just add a dollop of peanut butter or your preferred nut butter to the mix and top with bananas, jam, or jellies.
- Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding: If you want something fall-inspired, swap the vanilla extract with cinnamon or pumpkin spice and garnish it with caramelizes apples, candied walnuts, and dates or figs!
- Tropical Chia Pudding: add the flavors of summer by mixing fresh mango purée to your pudding. Make it even better by topping it with mango, papaya, melon, or pineapple cubes!
- Chia Matcha Pudding: love Matcha latte? Then you will love this creamy Matcha Chia Pudding version! An ultra-healthy treat made by adding matcha powder to your pudding mixture. It’ll be so good with some vegan whipped cream on top!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Plant Milk: you can use coconut, almond, soy, cashew or oat milk.
- Chia Seeds
- Agave Syrup: you can also add other sweeteners that you have. If you mix your pudding with naturallly sweet ingredients, like fresh fruits or sweetened plant milk, you can omit this.
- Vanilla Extract: you can also use ground bourbon vanilla or cinnamon.
- Garnishes: coconut yogurt, berries, mint, and desiccated coconut.
How to make Chia Pudding
As always, I recommend checking out these step-by-step instructions and the recipe video first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Combine all ingredients and chill
Whisk together plant milk, chia seeds, agave syrup, vanilla extract and optional blueberry powder in a jar or container. Set aside for a minute , then stir again. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
Step 2: Add toppings and enjoy!
After chilling, stir through the blueberry chia pudding again and divide in serving glasses. Garnish with coconut yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, mint and desiccated coconut or other toppings you like. Enjoy!
Tips when Making Chia Pudding
- Always make sure to do a second stir before chilling your pudding mixture. This will prevent clumps from forming. Do the same before serving to make sure all lumps are dissolved first.
- The chia to liquid ratio is important to achieve the right consistency, so please follow the ingredient measurements on the recipe card below. If you put less liquid, portions of the pudding may turn dry and hard after chilling.
- You can place your chia mixture in a blender once the seeds have softened for a smoother pudding. Blend until you get your desired consistency.
- If you have more chia seeds and would like to use them, try my blueberry chia cake too!
This Vegan Blueberry Chia Pudding is:
- Creamy and refreshing
- Easy to make
- Loaded with Nutrients
- Low in calories
- Ideal for meal prepping
- Perfect for breakfast or as a snack or dessert!
More delicious vegan recipes with blueberries
- Blueberry Chia Cake
- No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Blueberry Scones
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Cake
- Best Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Babka
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake
- No-Bake Blackberry Mousse Tart
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Granola Yogurt Cups
If you try this easy vegan chia pudding recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your result and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I’d love to see it! Enjoy! 😊
Vegan Blueberry Chia Seed PuddingAuthor:
For garnish (optional)
- coconut yogurt or other dairy-free yogurt
- desiccated coconut
*Note: Check out the recipe video + step-by-step photos above!
- Add plant milk, chia seeds, agave syrup, vanilla extract and optional blueberry powder in a jar or container and whisk well. Set aside for a minute, then give it a whisk again.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- Stir through the chia pudding again and divide in serving glasses. Garnish with coconut yogurt, blueberries, blackberries, mint and desiccated coconut or other toppings you like.
- More helpful tips and information on the recipe, including storing notes and ideas for different flavor variations, are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.