If you are looking for a simple, healthier yet delicious recipe for your next Mexican Taco Tuesday, try these vegan crispy roasted cauliflower tacos with fresh veggies and spicy tahini sauce! Load the tortillas up with your favorite taco fillings, and enjoy them with your family and friends for lunch or dinner!
Easy and Healthy Vegan Tacos
If you are addicted to tacos but are looking to cut back on the meat, grease and calories, try this healthy and gluten-free veggie version instead! It captures the flavors of the classic Mexican dish using wholesome plant ingredients.
These tacos are made of beautifully-spiced roasted cauliflower florets and fresh vegetables nestled in warm corn tortillas, then drizzled with a homemade spicy Tahini sauce.
It is a quick and easy 30-minute recipe where you make the sauce and prep the veggies while waiting for the cauliflower to roast in the oven. Once you have your roasted cauliflower and tahini sauce ready, all you have to do is warm the tortillas and assemble them!
These may look a lot, but most of the ingredients are those you may already have in your pantry. Since this vegan taco recipe is very versatile, you can add and use up any vegetables you have in your fridge.
- Cauliflower: I used a large head for this taco recipe and cut them into bite-sized florets.
- Oil: use any vegetable oil like canola, sunflower, sesame, peanut or avocado oil.
- Spices: I used paprika powder, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder and salt to give the florets an authentic Mexican flavor!
- Tahini sauce: Make sure to use a good quality and smooth sesame paste for the best flavor. Alternatively, you can also use peanut butter or try my best peanut sauce.
- Corn Tortillas: They have a lower calorie and carb content than flour tortillas but have more fiber and crisp up even more once baked! However, you can also try my homemade tortilla recipe.
- Veggies: I used Romana lettuce, black beans, red onions (you can also use green onion or a combination of these two), cherry tomatoes, jalapeños, and parsley. Feel free to use other veggies and legumes you prefer like radishes, cabbage, bell pepper, corn, cucumber, cilantro, corn, kidney beans or chickpeas.
- Avocado: creamy guacamole will also work!
- Sesame seeds: or chopped peanuts.
- Lime wedges
How to make vegan cauliflower tacos
As always, I recommend checking out these step-by-step instructions and the recipe video first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Roast the cauliflower
Combine the cauliflower, oil, and spices in a large mixing bowl. Then transfer onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven at 425 °F (220 °C) for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and beginning to crisp.
Step 2: Assemble and serve with tahini sauce
In the meantime, make the tahini sauce according to this recipe. Also, warm the tortillas in a skillet for a few seconds. Then assemble your tacos by adding shredded lettuce, black beans, cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, and avocado. Finally, drizzle with the creamy tahini sauce and garnish with jalapeños, parsley or coriander, sesame seeds and lime wedges on the side. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips when Making Cauliflower Tacos
- Cut the florets into equal sizes, so they roast evenly.
- Place them on the baking sheet in a single layer, evenly spaced apart, to make sure they cook perfectly.
- The spicy Tahini sauce is easy to make; you just need to place everything in the blender and mix. Feel free to make the necessary adjustment to the level of tanginess and spiciness you prefer.
- Feel free to serve your cauliflower tacos with other spreads, dips and sauces like hummus, guacamole, cashew dip, peanut sauce, chipotle dressing, salsa, aioli or sweet and sour sauce!
These vegan roasted cauliflower tacos are best eaten immediately! However, any leftovers you may have can be stored separated in airtight containers in the fridge. You can reheat the cauliflower florets in the oven or air fryer to bring back the crispiness.
The Tahini sauce can be stored in the fridge for 1 week or even longer! So don’t be afraid to double up on the recipe and keep some for later! It also goes well with other dishes like vegan pad thai, Thai noodle salad, poke bowl, falafel, tofu nuggets or summer rolls.
This vegan crispy Cauliflower Taco recipe is:
- Healthier than most taco recipes
- Loaded with vegetables
- Easy to make
- Very delicious
- The perfect finger food party snack for Taco nights!
More healthy vegan fast food recipes
- Pulled Mushroom Gyros
- Falafel Pita Pockets
- BBQ Jackfruit Pulled Pork Burger
- Garlic Mushroom and Spinach Pizza
- Chinese Scallion Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- Burrito Samosas
- Turkish Borek
- Turkish Pizza (Lahmacun)
- Vegan Empanadas
- Aloo Paratha
- Sweet Potato Falafel
- Vegan Fish Nuggets
- Pasta Chips
- Chili Cheese Fries
- Crunchwrap Supreme
If you try these easy vegan roasted Cauliflower Tacos, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating on how you liked the recipe! And if you take a photo of your dish and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! Enjoy! 🙂
Vegan Crispy Cauliflower Tacos with Tahini SauceAuthor:
- 1 recipe tahini sauce or peanut sauce
- 6 small corn tortillas or homemade tortillas
- 1 romana salad shredded
- 1 can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 small red onion or green onion or both, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (150 g) cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ avocado chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños or green peppers sliced
- parsley or cilantro
- sesame seeds
- lime wedges
*Note: Check out the recipe video + tips + step-by-step pictures above!
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the cauliflower, oil, and spices in a large mixing bowl. Then transfer onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and beginning to crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Blend all of the ingredients for the tahini sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet for a few seconds. Then assemble your tacos by adding shredded lettuce, black beans, cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Drizzle with tahini sauce and garnish with jalapeños, parsley or cilantro, sesame seeds and lime wedges on the side. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container or sealed jar for at least 1 week in the fridge. It also goes well with other dishes like vegan pad thai, Thai noodle salad, poke bowl, falafel, tofu nuggets or summer rolls!
- Feel free to serve your cauliflower tacos with other dips and sauces like hummus, guacamole, cashew dip, peanut sauce, chipotle sauce, salsa, aioli or sweet and sour sauce!
- More helpful tips and information on the recipe are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.