Hey my dears,
Today is Easter! And because my vegan carrot cake was so popular and tasty, I spontaneously considered to modify the recipe a bit and made some delicious carrot cake pancakes. Because, as you know, there must always be pancakes on Sundays.
VEGAN, HEALTHY, MOIST AND FULL OF TASTE!
These pancakes are vegan, healthy and moist with freshly grated carrots and full of flavor. I think they are perfect for a Sunday breakfast, and not just at Easter, but for every day. I mean, what’s better than hiding vegetables in pancakes?
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CARROT CAKE PANCAKES
For the dough, I used a mixture of light spelt flour and ground almonds. But you can also use another flour and other ground nuts, such as ground hazelnuts. It tastes super delicious and I think variety is always good anyway. But if you prefer gluten-free flour instead of spelt flour or wheat flour, such as buckwheat flour, you should probably add some more liquid to the dough, as these flours usually absorb more liquid. But as soon as you stir the dough together, you will notice if the dough gets too firm. The consistency should always be creamy. Not too firm, but not too moist.
THE BEST COMES LAST – THE TOPPINGS
As a topping, I simply whipped coconut cream with sugar-free powdered Xylitol. Coconut cream is, in fact, the solid part of coconut milk that settles on top when you leave a can to stand for 24 hours. But you can also simply use soy quark / soy yogurt or vegan cream cheese as a topping, just like I did with my carrot cake.
If you are not vegan, then you can, of course, use dairy products.
Furthermore, I decorated my stack with some fresh raspberries, pomegranate and pistachio nuts. I think pistachios are great in combination with carrots and some fresh fruits are always a perfect complement to any breakfasts or desserts. By the way, I also like the carrot cake pancakes with some maple syrup and caramelized cinnamon apples very much. ?
If you tried the recipe, I would appreciate a comment. You are also welcome to post a picture on Instagram and tag me @biancazapatka, so that I can see your post and leave a comment. ?
Carrot cake pancakes (vegan)
- 60 g carrots grated
- 1 ripe banana (* see recipe notes)
- 125 ml (plant-based) milk f.ex. soy milk
- 1 tbsp Xylitol (or other sweetener)
- 60 gr spelt flour (* see recipe notes)
- 40 gr almonds or hazelnuts ground
- a bit of cinnamon and vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- coconut oil for frying
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 dash of carob gum (optional)
- powdered Xylitol (or other sweetener) to taste
- pistachios chopped
- First, finely grate the carrots.
- Then mash the banana and mix with the plant milk and Xylitol foamy.
- Combine spelt flour, ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla separately.
- Then sieve the flour mixture into the milk mixture, add apple cider vinegar and mix it quickly and briefly to avoid overmixing the dough.
- Finally, fold in the carrots and then leave the dough to stand for about 10 minutes, so that it swells up a bit.
- Afterwards, heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of the batter for one pancake to the pan and bake for about 2-3 minutes. As soon as bubbles form on the surface, flip the pancakes and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat this process until the dough is used up.
- Leave a can of coconut milk to stand untouched for 24 hours in the fridge to allow the cream to settle on top.
- Afterwards, carefully open the can and skim the cream.
- Then just whip up in a high, small mixing bowl with powdered Xylitol (or other sweetener) until creamy and fluffy.
- Serve and enjoy your "pancake stack" with the coconut cream, fresh raspberries, pomegranate, and pistachio nuts or other toppings of your choice! ?
- If you prefer gluten-free flour, such as buckwheat flour, then you should probably add a little more liquid to the batter. The consistency should be pretty creamy. Not too firm, but not too fluid.
- Instead of the banana, you can also use applesauce or (flaxseed) eggs.
- You can also just use soy quark / soy yogurt or vegan cream cheese as a topping.
- The pancakes also taste very delicious with a bit of maple syrup and caramelized cinnamon apples (or any other fruit).
IF YOU HAVE YOUR PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!