This easy vegan cheesecake mousse with quick 5-minute homemade salted caramel sauce is a simple no-bake recipe, using only 3-ingredients! It’s super fluffy, very creamy, and perfect if you want a quick & delicious dessert in just a few minutes!
Easy 3-ingredient Vegan Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert, look no further than this vegan Cheesecake Caramel Mousse! Really, this simple no-bake mousse is the perfect dessert at any time of year. It’s so versatile because there are so many ways to make it!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that I love making just the filling of my vegan no-bake cheesecake recipes to serve in glasses for a quick no-fuss dessert. However, I kept this recipe as simple as possible so I made the mousse without any thickener such as gelatin or Agar-Agar or cornstarch. That means it’s not a sliceable mousse so I don’t recommend to use it as cheesecake filling but it’s super light and fluffy and ideal to serve in glasses!
Just think about your favorite vegan cheesecake flavors and the possibilities are endless! I flavored this mousse dessert with a simple homemade vegan salted caramel sauce and cinnamon because these flavors are just perfect for cheesecake in fall and winter. Anyway, you could also substitute another sweet creamy spread for the vegan caramel sauce. But also your favorite nut butter such as almond, cashew or peanut butter along with maple syrup or another sweetener would be very delicious!
How do you make Cheesecake Mousse?
This easy vegan no-bake cheesecake mousse is super easy to make with only 3 ingredients! It’s vegan cream cheese (or sub silken firm tofu), non-dairy whipping cream or coconut cream and easy homemade salted caramel sauce! Start to make the caramel sauce, then mix it with the cream cheese until creamy. Next, fold in whipped cream until combined, then fill into glasses and chill for a while before serving!
Easy 2-ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce (5-minute Recipe)
For the easy vegan homemade salted caramel sauce, you need only simple 2 ingredients. Just place the coconut cream and brown sugar in a pot. Heat it up while the coconut cream melts, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally. Then set aside to cool slightly.
Please take note that the caramel sauce thickens as it cools. So if you want to use it for the topping later, you may need to reheat it or adding a little bit more of warmed coconut cream or coconut milk to thin.
Tipps for perfect Cheesecake Mousse
Not all non-dairy whipping cream or coconut cream is equal. Some brands melt easily once whipped so please make sure to use a good one or test it. Nevertheless, if you notice that your mousse melts in the refrigerator, you could also transfer it into the freezer. Then remove about 30 minutes before serving. I’ve already tested this in summer and the mousse was also very delicious when it’s half-frozen just like vegan ice cream!
This Vegan Caramel Cheesecake Mousse is
- Quick & easy to make
- So delicious!
- Can be made with any flavors
- The perfect dessert for any occasion!
Toppings for Cheesecake Mousse
To make this mousse dessert even more cheesecake-like, you could also add a simple no-bake cookie crust to the bottom of your jars. When it comes to cookie crust recipes, I prefer using Oreo sandwich cookies (click here for the recipe) or regular vegan butter cookies (click here for the recipe). But you can basically use any cookies you like or just crumble them on top to keep it simpler. If you have any leftover Christmas cookies or homemade granola, this would be a delicious topping as well!
Berries are optional, but they’re a flavorful, healthy and festive way to dress up this easy vegan cheesecake mousse dessert! I used red currants but feel free to use your favorites like blueberries or raspberries. Also, cinnamon apples, caramelized bananas, and sugared cranberries are perfect for salted caramel cheesecake mousse!
What can I serve with this Mousse?
This cheesecake mousse is also perfect to use as a healthier and lighter frosting for your favorite vegan cake recipe instead of traditional buttercream! I would also put this on a slice of my Best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread, Chocolate Zucchini Bread, or Pumpkin Marble Bread. Anyway, I‘m pretty sure it’ll be also delicious on top of Mini Apple pies, Apple Blondies, Brownies or just as topping for Pancakes or Waffles. There are so many possibilities so feel free to go wild and put it on any treat!
Looking for more easy vegan no-bake cheesecake recipes that are perfect to serve in jars? Here are some of my favorite desserts:
- No-Bake Mango Cheesecake
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Blackberry Mousse Tart
- Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Summer Fruit Tart
- Vanilla Custard Tart
If you try this Cheesecake Mousse with Caramel Recipe be sure to leave a comment and rating letting me know how it turns out! Your feedback is always super helpful for me and other readers who are planning to try the recipe. And if you take a photo of your creamy dessert, please make sure to tag me on Instagram @biancazapatka #biancazapatka because I love seeing your remakes! Enjoy!
Vegan Caramel Cheesecake Mousse
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 100g
- 2/3 cup coconut cream 160ml
- Pinch of salt optional for salted caramel
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Add coconut cream and sugar in a pot. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then continue to cook for about 5 minutes until golden and thickened, stirring occasionally (see step-by-step photos in the blog post).
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool a few minutes while the caramel thickens more. (It should be thick but still pourable. If it gets too thick, add a little warmed coconut milk to thin it out).
- Stir in sea salt to taste if desired.
- Pour chilled non-dairy cream into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese into a separate bowl, and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add the caramel sauce and beat until combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the caramel mixture until just combined. Spoon into 3-4 individual serving glasses and chill for at least 1 hour or until required.
- To serve, top each mousse with remaining caramel sauce, a sprinkling of ground cinnamon and fresh red currants or other toppings you like. Enjoy!
- No time to make caramel sauce? You can substitute 4 tbsp sugar or syrup of your choice + 1 tsp vanilla extract. You could also add 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (or another creamy nut butter/ spread) for more flavor (optional).
- Leftover caramel sauce is great as a topping for brownies, blondies, mini Apple pies, banana bread or any vegan cake. Since the sauce thickens as it cools you may reheat it before serving.
- Coconut cream is the thick part of full-fat coconut milk after chilling a can overnight without shaking but you can also use another non-dairy whipping cream.
- Please read my blog post for further information about this recipe.
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.