If you love chocolatey brownies and creamy cheesecake, this vegan brownie cheesecake will be your new favorite dessert! It’s moist, rich, can be made gluten-free, and it’s topped with a delicious peanut butter frosting! The perfect vegan cream cheese swirl brownies as a chocolate cake for any time!
For some reason, I get chocolate cravings more often on cold and cozy winter days. Does anyone else feel the same? I mean, I really love Christmas treats that are spiced with cinnamon and fall flavors, but honestly, I can’t eat them all the time. So I decided to make easy vegan chocolate brownies but swirled with a creamy cheesecake layer in a brownie cake! Anyways it turned out so good that it’s definitely a must try!
Chocolatey Vegan Brownie Cheesecake
This delicious Vegan Brownie Cheesecake is inspired by my vegan pumpkin cake with cheesecake swirl. It looks quite similar (except the color and toppings) but it tastes totally different. While my pumpkin cake is loaded with warming fall flavors and spices, this brownie cake (chocolate cake) is just loaded with lots of chocolate. I’m pretty sure it will definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings! Actually, this brownie cheesecake is just a combination of vegan brownies and vegan cheesecake. So it’s a kind of vegan version of cream cheese swirl brownies as a chocolate cake. Also, it’s topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting which makes this cake even more tasty!
This vegan Brownie Cheesecake is very easy to make!
What I really love about this recipe is that it’s not only super delicious but also very easy to make! You only need two bowls and a few simple ingredients. In one bowl, mix the ingredients for the vegan brownies and in the other bowl mix the ingredients for the vegan cheesecake. Then using heaping spoonfuls simply layer the chocolate brownie batter and the cheesecake batter into a greased baking dish. You don’t have to put in much effort because it doesn’t have to look perfect. I mean, the prettiest swirls for a marble cake are created by accident, right?
Make Vegan Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies with this recipe!
As I mentioned before this vegan brownie cheesecake is actually made of chocolatey vegan brownie batter, which makes a moist, rich and dense texture. Which means you can also make vegan brownies with this recipe. Simply bake it in a baking dish or brownie pan instead of using a round springform. Also make sure to reduce the baking time to 30 minutes, if using a bigger baking dish, such as a 9×9 inch, because the brownies are done faster when the batter isn‘t layerd so high. Then you’ll have tasty vegan cheesecake brownies in a few minutes!
I hope you’ll love this Vegan Brownie Cheesecake too. It’s:
- Loaded with chocolate
- Swirled with a creamy cheesecake layer
- Topped with peanut butter frosting
- Can be made sugar-free and gluten-free
- The BEST vegan brownie cheesecake recipe that is
- SO DELICIOUS!
If you’re looking for more creamy or chocolate recipes, don’t miss my classic recipe for easy vegan brownies or my vegan cheesecake recipes. There are already so many cheesecake recipes here on my blog, so maybe you’ll find some more recipes that you’d like to try. Have fun baking and please let me know if you liked it!
Brownie Cheesecake (easy, vegan recipe)Author:
You do not have a fitting cake pan at hand right now? Try my new Cake Pan Conversion Calculator!
- 1 cup (gluten-free*) flour (120 g)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4,2 oz dark chocolate (120 g)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (120 g)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar * (150 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (or 100 g unsweetened apple sauce*)
- approx. 1/4 cup plant-based milk (60 ml)
- a pinch of salt
Peanut butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cream cheese (112 g)
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter unsweetened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (50 g)
- 2-4 tbsp plant-based milk optional
- salted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare the flax eggs by stirring 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds in 5 tbsp of hot water. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add all ingredients for the cheesecake in a mixing bowl and blend until creamy using an electric hand mixer.
- Melt the vegan butter and chocolate in a pot. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix the flour with salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a bowl. Add the flax eggs and melted chocolate butter and mix until combined. The batter should be creamy. Add a little bit more of plant-based milk, if needed.
Layer the cake:
- Spread 1/3 of the brownie cake batter into a greased 7-inch (18 cm) round baking tin. Continue dollop the cheesecake batter and the brownie batter by a heaped spoonful in exchange until the batter is empty.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, (or until an inserted tooth pick comes out almost clean). Then let cool completely.
- Blend all ingredients for the frosting using an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. (Add a little plantbased milk if it’s too firm).
- Spread frosting over your cooled brownie cake and you can also pipe on some decorations if you like. Also, decorate with salted peanuts or just enjoy as they are!
- To make this cake gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free flour blend 1:1 instead of all-purpose flour.
- To make this cake sugar-free you can use erythritol instead of regular sugar.
- Instead of flaxseed eggs you can use 100 g applesauce or one mashed banana. I recommend you to add a little less sugar then.
- You can keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THIS PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.