This plant-based broccoli burger is not only easy to make and totally delicious, but it’s also incredibly healthy – It’s topped with lots of fresh veggies and homemade remoulade that’s vegan, egg-less and lower in fat than traditional recipes!
Whether it’s spring, summer, fall or winter, you can always enjoy a delicious burger! Especially when it’s plant-based, satisfying and healthier than traditional burger recipes, you can even have it more often without feeling guilty, right?
Vegan burgers are delicious and healthier!
What I find especially great about vegan burgers is that they are so versatile! While traditional burger patties made of meat usually look and taste pretty much similar, vegan products are more versatile. You can make vegan burger patties from soy, seitan, pea, hemp, or other plant proteins, or you can use legumes like chickpeas and beans, or even vegetables – there are so many plant-based options!
Use your favorite Burger Patties
I love trying new products and varieties of meat and fish alternatives so I used some store-bought vegan broccoli burger patties for this recipe. However, you can also make homemade patties by using my best vegan burger recipe or you can check out my zucchini and corn fritters with broccoli for variation.
Broccoli is healthy!
Broccoli is a true “superfood” as it is one of the healthiest vegetables. It is high in vitamins, minerals and fiber and has many health benefits. Broccoli is:
- Rich in vitamins C, E and K, as well as vitamin B 12 and B 2.
- Rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and potassium.
- Contains many antioxidants
- Rich in fiber
- Strengthens the immune system
- Promotes health
- Provides a beautiful skin
- Ideal for losing weight, because it is low in calories
Ingredients for the Vegan Remoulade
The homemade vegan remoulade for this broccoli burger is super quick and easy to make using a few plant-based ingredients! Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Vegan mayonnaise: I always make this myself using my quick 3-minute recipe. Alternatively, you could make my homemade cashew mayonnaise or just use a store-bought mayo.
- Soy yogurt: I prefer a thick variety, like “Skyr Style” or “Greek Style”. That way the vegan remoulade will be thick and creamy and doesn’t get too runny.
- Pickles: I love using garlic pickles “Polish style”, but feel free to pick your favorites here.
- Onion: I recommend using a mild variety.
- Mustard: preferably medium hot.
- Agave syrup: or any other syrup or sugar of your choice.
- Parsley and dill: fresh or dried, depending on your preference.
- Salt and pepper: to taste.
How to make broccoli burger with vegan remoulade
As always, I recommend checking out these step-by-step instructions first. Then you can find the full recipe with exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Make the remoulade
To make the Vegan Remoulade, simply stir all the ingredients together in a bowl. You can serve it immediately, however, I prefer to refrigerate it for 1-2 hours before serving.
Step 2: Prepare the vegetables, broccoli and burgers
Now prepare the fresh vegetables (lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, onions, cress, dill) and set aside. Sauté the broccoli slices in a pan with a little oil for about 2-3 minutes per side. Then remove and fry your desired burger patties for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Meanwhile, toast the burger buns briefly.
Step 3: Top the burgers
First spread the burger buns with some vegan remoulade. Then top with lettuce, spinach, burger patties, cucumbers, red onions, dill, cress and again some remoulade. Secure with a wooden stick if needed and enjoy!
This recipe for Broccoli Burgers with Vegan Remoulade is:
- Plant-based (egg-less, meat-less, dairy-free, lactose-free).
- With lots of vegetables
- Quick and easy to make
- Totally delicious!
- Perfect for anyone – vegetarian, vegan, and omnivore alike!
More Broccoli and Burger Recipes to try
- Vegan Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Vegan Broccoli Salad
- Pulled Jackfruit Burger
- The Best Vegan Burger
- Vegan Mozzarella Mushroom Burger
- Potato Fritter Burger
If you try this recipe for Broccoli Burgers with Vegan Remoulade, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a picture of your burger and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your remakes! Have fun trying! 🙂
Homemade Vegan Remoulade (Broccoli Burger Recipe)Author:
*Note: Check out the step-by-step photos and recipe video in my blog post above!
- Stir together all ingredients for the vegan remoulade in a bowl. Then refrigerate for ideally 1-2 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and saute the broccoli slices for about 2-3 minutes per side until they turn bright green and golden brown at some edges. Then remove and set aside.
- Now heat another tablespoon of oil in the pan and fry the burger patties for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, toast the burger buns.
Assemble the burgers
- Top the burger buns with some vegan remoulade. Then top with lettuce, spinach, burger patties, cucumbers, red onions, dill, cress and again some remoulade.
- Secure with a wooden stick if needed and enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.