This delicious and healthy breakfast pizza with oatmeal and banana crust is quick and easy to make and perfect for brunch or as a grab and go snack. Kids, babies and adults alike will love this colorful sweet fruit pizza!
Healthy Breakfast Fruit Pizza with Oatmeal Crust
If you’re bored of your regular oatmeal, try this healthy vegan pizza with colorful fruit for breakfast! You’ll only need 3 simple ingredients for this quick gluten-free oatmeal pizza crust, or 4 if you want to spice it up with additional vanilla or cinnamon! Smear the sweet pizza with vegan yogurt instead of tomato sauce and top with fruit or berries of your choice. In just a few minutes you’ll have a delicious breakfast or dessert that makes you full and happy!
By the way, if you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to bake the crust, grab a watermelon and try my watermelon pizza recipe instead!
A Simple and Versatile Sweet Pizza Recipe
Not only will you be eating a refreshingly delicious breakfast, you will also be getting your daily dose of protein, fiber, carbs, and vitamins in every slice. You can use a variety of fruits depending on what you have or what is in season.
If you want to serve the vegan fruit pizza as a sweet snack or dessert, you can simply spread it with creamy vanilla or chocolate pudding or whipped dairy-free cream. Instead of fresh fruits, you can also use compote, jam, fruit sauce, or chocolate sauce. Feel free to load it up with your favorite toppings and get really creative. You can also do a fun “build-your-own-fruit-pizza” activity with your kids – they will love it for sure!
- Rolled oats: also called old-fashioned oats. You can also use quick-cooking oats or other cereals if you prefer. Make sure the brand you are using is labeled as “gluten-free”.
- Banana: this will help bind the oats together and add a natural sweetness to the crust. You can also use applesauce, mango purée, or vegan thick dairy-free yogurt. Banana is naturally sweet, however, feel free to add some maple syrup, agave syrup or other types of sugar or sweeteners.
- Baking powder: to loosen up the crust.
- Cinnamon or vanilla: to add more flavor to the banana oatmeal crust.
- Dairy-free yogurt. This is what I used as a base topping. You can go with plain or used flavored varieties as you please. You can also go with cool whip, or pudding if you prefer.
- Fruits and berries. Use whatever you like! Bananas, mango, peaches, kiwi, apples, pomegranate, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, red currants, cranberries, and physalis.
As always, I recommend checking out the recipe video and these step-by-step instructions first. Then you can find the full recipe with the exact measurements in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Make oatmeal pizza dough
Start by mashing the banana with a fork. Then combine mashed banana with oats, baking powder and cinnamon. Transfer the oat-banana mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and shape it into a round pizza.
Step 2: Bake and enjoy!
Bake the pizza at 356 °F (180 °C) for about 15-20 minutes. Then allow to cool and top with yogurt and top with desired fruits and other toppings. Enjoy!
This is where you can really have fun! Here are some ideas for you to explore:
- Nut butters like almond, hazelnut, macadamia or peanut butter.
- Desiccated coconut or coconut chips
- Chopped nuts like pecans, almonds, and walnuts. You can also make it nut-free by using chia, flax, hemp, sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- Chopped chocolate
- Mint leaves
- Dried fruits
- Fruit jams or sauces like my favorite raspberry sauce
- Vegan Nutella or other sweet chocolate spreads
- Baking time will depend on how big and thick your crust is. I used a 20 cm round baking pan and the oatmeal crust came out perfectly golden and baked in less than 20 minutes.
- Let the crust cool down for a few minutes before adding the toppings, especially the yogurt base.
- It is best to eat the school breakfast pizza immediately after adding the topping, as the oat crust will soften over time because of the yogurt and fruits.
Can I Make this Ahead of Time?
Homemade pizza always tastes best freshly baked! To save time, you can assemble the banana-oat crust ahead of time and bake it in the morning. You can also keep the baked crust in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days, just like these banana oatmeal bars.
This Breakfast Fruit Pizza Recipe is:
- Can be enjoyed all day long!
If you try this easy vegan breakfast fruit pizza recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a review! And if you take a picture of your treat and share it on Instagram or Facebook, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka so I don’t miss your post! Happy cooking! 😊
Vegan Fruit Pizza with Oatmeal Crust (easy & healthy)Author:
Toppings (of choice)
- dairy-free yogurt variety as desired
- fruits e.g. banana, berries, physalis
- desiccated coconut or chopped nuts, granola or chopped chocolate
*Note: Check out the recipe video + step-by-step instructions above!
- Preheat the oven to 356 °F (180 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana with a fork, then mix with the oats, baking powder and cinnamon. Transfer the oat-banana mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and shape it into a round pizza, about 8-inch (19-20 cm) in diameter.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the breakfast pizza to cool. Then spread with yogurt and top with desired fruits and other toppings.
- Instead of banana, you can also use applesauce, mango purée or vegan thick dairy-free yogurt. You can add additional sweetness depending on your taste.
- It is best to eat the breakfast pizza immediately after adding the toppings, as the oat crust will soften over time because of the yogurt and juicy fruits.
- If you want to serve the fruit pizza as a dessert, you can also spread it with a creamy vanilla or chocolate pudding, vegan Nutella or whipped dairy-free cream. Instead of fresh fruit, you can also use compote, raspberry sauce or chocolate sauce.
- Find more topping ideas here.
- More helpful tips and information about the recipe are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.