Hey my dears,
today I have a quick and easy recipe how to use eggplants for making yummy vegan fritters which are crispy outside and soft inside. You can simply enjoy these eggplant patties just as a healthy snack or serve them as a side dish, for example next to your favorite pasta. But they suit also perfectly to rice, ’bulgur salad’, ’wedges’ or ’crispy sweet potato fries‘ and ’salad’. Another good idea is to make a ’burger’ or a ’sandwich‘.
Well, I chose pasta this time anyways because, you should know, I always crave pasta ?. Moreover I prefer a creamy sauce to this dish, like my vegan creamy ‘mushroom béchamel sauce’ made of white beans or vegan ‘mac and cheese‘, which is mainly made of potatoes or for a even faster and easier version the recipe for a vegan ‘alfredo sauce‘, which is only based on cashew nuts. But you can also combine cooked pasta just with ’hummus’. Have you ever tried this? In my opinion, it’s really delicious ?. But I think a ’cashew tomato sauce’ or ’avocado pasta’ is also very suitable.
As you can see, there are many possiblities how to combine these yummy vegan eggplant fritters.
So, let’s start with the recipe:
Baked Eggplant Fritters with creamy Pasta (vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Slice eggplant.
- Combine flour and milk in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, red paprika powder and pepper.
- First dip the eggplant slices into the flour-milk mixture, then toss in the breadcrumb mixture and press well, so that they‘re evenly covered with breadcrumbs.
- Leave to stand for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the marinated eggplant slices on a greased baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake them for about 7-10 minutes. Then turn over and bake for another 7-10 minutes, until the eggplant fritters are goldenbrown and crispy.
- Optionally, you can also just fry them in a pan with oil for about 6 minutes each side, until golden brown crispy.
- If serving with pasta and sauce, prepare it in the meantime.
- When the eggplant fritters are done, serve with creamy pasta or other dishes of choices (read suggestions in the text above).
- Enjoy! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.