This crispy Avocado Toast with garlic mushrooms and creamy guacamole is the perfect snack, breakfast, lunch or dinner. This Garlic Mushroom Avocado Toast Recipe is very easy and quick to make, delicious and healthy!
Garlic Mushroom Avocado Toast
Are you looking for a simple, tasty and healthy snack for in between, for breakfast, lunch or dinner? How about a crispy toast with creamy guacamole and freshly-fried garlic mushrooms. I promise you that you‘ll already get hungry while just reading!
Quick and easy Avocado Toast with Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
You might think that an avocado toast or bread is totally easy and you do not need a recipe for it. But even with such simple “meals”, there are many different ways of preparation and variations. For example, you can enjoy the avocado just sliced on the toast, or as guacamole with aromatic fried mushrooms or other toppings of your choice. Even with tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted chickpeas, and any other vegetables, such a toast or bread with avocado tastes always delicious. I also like to sprinkle chopped nuts or seeds and some fresh herbs, such as cress or basil on top. With a few spices and freshly ground pepper, it is not only delicious but also so healthy.
Super healthy and rich in nutrients!
Did you know that mushrooms are also very rich in protein and nutrients? They contain large amounts of copper, phosphorus, B vitamins, antioxidants and vitamin D (depending on how they were grown). These nutrients are involved in a number of work processes in your body, including energy production, liver function, bone health, and DNA repair. In addition, such an avocado mushroom toast also contains a good portion of healthy fats from the avocado. Unlike butter, it has monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which have a beneficial effect on cholesterol and the cardiovascular system. It also contains many vitamins, e.g. Vitamin E, which protects the heart, biotin for beautiful skin, hair and nails, and magnesium as an important mineral for muscles, nerves, and bones. The protein and fat content of this combination ensures that you feel full longer. So, this delicious garlic mushroom avocado toast is a great nutritious meal.
Avocado Toast with organic ingredients!
I always pay attention to the quality of the ingredients, because the origin has a great influence on the nutrient and pollutant content of the food. Of course, quality always has its price, but organic does not necessarily have to be expensive. When you pay attention, there are also brands whose products come exclusively from certified organic suppliers and growers and are, in my opinion, priced quite well. The proportion of organic food always varies depending on the season and region, but there is always something fresh available.
If you do try this Garlic Mushroom Avocado Toast Recipe or maybe another delicious recipe I would be happy if you leave a comment and rate it – it’s so helpful to me and other readers! And if you take a picture of your dish and share it on Instagram, please remember to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka to make sure I won’t miss your post! Have fun cooking! 😊
Avocado Toast with Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful basil or spinach optional, *see recipe notes
- a bit of coconut milk optional, *see recipe notes
- 2 slices bread or toast
- fresh herbs, sesame optional
- Clean mushrooms and slice. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the mushrooms in hot olive oil for about 5 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Then deglaze with the soy sauce and fry for more 1-2 minutes over low heat.
- In the meantime, halve the avocado, remove the core, scrape out the flesh with a spoon. Add all the ingredients for the guacamole into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (Alternatively, use an immersion blender or mash with a fork). Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toast your bread slices.
- Then spread with the guacamole and place the fried mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle over more salt to taste and pepper if you like and some fresh herbs and nuts or seeds.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- Instead of white or brown mushrooms, you can also use other mushrooms, for example, king oyster mushrooms or porcini mushrooms.
- If you want a creamier guacamole, you can also add cashew butter, tahini or a bit of coconut milk or other non-dairy cream to the guacamole. I also like to add one handful of fresh basil or spinach.
- The toast also tastes amazing, when you gratinate it with (vegan) cheese afterwards.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.