This best Creamy Avocado Pasta (Guacamole) is a super simple recipe that’s healthy, delicious, vegan, and so quick and easy to make with just a few pantry staple ingredients. Use veggie noodles like zoodles to make this pasta dish even low carb and gluten-free! The perfect meal for busy weeknight lunches or dinners!
The Best Creamy Avocado Pasta Recipe
Especially on warm and sunny days, I just love going outside to enjoy some fresh air and relax. I don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen so it’s always great to have a simple, delicious yet healthy lunch or dinner recipe on hand. And this creamy avocado pasta dish is always the best choice when I need a satisfying meal in no time as it takes less than 15 minutes to make!
If you have a vegetable spiral slicer, you can even transform this creamy Avocado Pasta into a low-carb version, for example with zucchini and carrot noodles or sweet potato noodles. Of course, you can also choose chickpea pasta or any gluten-free pasta you like. You can also try the avocado sauce with some delicious gnocchi, as guacamole spread on some tasty toasted bread, or as a dip with samosas, empanadas, or any other snacks! Just get creative!
Avocado – a real superfood
Avocados are not only rich in many healthy, unsaturated fatty acids, but they are also rich in many valuable vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants. The taste of a ripe avocado is mildly nutty and it has a particularly creamy texture. So especially on a really busy day, avocados can fuel your body with many nutrients. While avocados are very healthy, they are also relatively high in calories. However, if you’re watching your calories, you can easily balance it out by using veggie noodles instead of regular pasta so you can still enjoy the delicious flavor and benefits of the fruit!
Tips for making the best Vegan Avocado Pasta
- Be sure to pick perfectly ripe avocados to get the best creamy and flavorful guacamole pasta sauce. If the avocado yields to firm gentle pressure you know it’s ripe and ready to eat. If you have only hard avocados handy, just leave them in your pantry a few days while they’ll get riper. This will even go faster if you place them next to apples! When avocados are overripe, they take on the similar brown color of avocados that have had a bit too much air. If they still taste good, you can eat them, however, be sure to avoid spoiled ones.
- Don’t cut your avocados too early! It’s best to cut and core it just before blending it with all the other ingredients for the guacamole, otherwise, it may turn brown. The lemon juice and oil in the recipe will keep the avocados from changing their color and taste. So your pasta will stay nice and green if you don’t leave these ingredients out!
- The nutritional yeast flakes add a slightly cheesy flavor to the sauce and are also healthy. You can leave it out if you don’t have any on hand or replace it with vegan parmesan.
How to serve Guacamole Pasta
I like to serve my creamy Avocado Pasta with oven-roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, and sometimes also peas and toasted pine nuts. However, there are plenty of other ways to jazz up your meal quickly! For example, you can mix some fresh arugula into the pasta and sprinkle it with vegan parmesan. If you like spicy meals, you can also add some chili flakes to your guacamole and top your dish with some roasted bell pepper strips. For more protein, you can also dice up smoked tofu and fry it until crispy to use it as a delicious topping for your meal. Here on my blog, I have many tofu recipes you can try.
Make-ahead and Storaging suggestions
Avocados do tend to change their color and flavor when processed. The lemon juice and olive oil help to prevent avocado flesh from browning, but they can’t stop this process completely. Therefore, I recommend preparing the Guacamole Pasta just before serving. Since you need only 15 minutes to make this vegan pasta dish, there’s no need to prep it ahead. If you have leftovers, be sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume them as soon as possible. You can enjoy the Avocado Pasta either cold or warm.
This Best Avocado Pasta Recipe is
- Loaded with good nutrients
- Optionally low-carb
- Optionally gluten-free
- Easy and quick to make
- Super simple
- Incredibly delicious!
More healthy vegan recipes to try
- Vegan Fries Eggs
- Fruit & Nut Bread
- Healthy Green Pizza
- Vegan Keto Bread
- Chili Sin Carne
- Vegan Cabbage Rolls (Asian Style)
- Carrot Ginger Soup with Curry Cashews
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Zucchini Involtini Rolls with Cashew Ricotta
- Vegan Poke Bowl with Tahini Sauce
- Vegan Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce
If you try this quick Vegan Avocado Pasta, please leave a comment and rating on how you liked the recipe! And if you take a photo of your Avocado Pasta and share it on Instagram, please tag me with @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love to see your remakes! Enjoy!
Vegan Creamy Avocado PastaAuthor:
- 14 oz (400 g) pasta of choice
For the guacamole:
Toppings (of choice):
- oven-roasted tomatoes
- grilled corn or peas
- pine nuts
*Note: Please watch the recipe video and check out the step-by-step photos above for visual instruction!
- Cook pasta according to directions stated on the package until 'al dente' or prepare veggie noodles for a low-carb meal.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Then add to a blender or mixing bowl along with the other ingredients for the guacamole and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt or add other seasonings of your choice. Add a little bit of dairy-free milk until desired consistency. You can also add some cashew butter if you prefer.
- Once your pasta is ‘al dente’ drain the cooking water and rinse with fresh water.
- Combine the pasta with guacamole and serve in a pasta bowl with your desired toppings.
- This recipe was first published on 10/02/2017.
- To remove the avocado flesh, cut the avocado lengthwise around the pit and separate the two halves by twisting. Then remove the pit by hitting the pit with a sharp knife, then twist the blade so the pit comes out of the avocado when you pull the knife away.
- The nutritional yeast flakes add a cheesy flavor to the avocado pasta. However, if you don't have any, you can use vegan parmesan cheese or simply omit the ingredient.
- The nutritional information is calculated for 1 serving of guacamole without the pasta.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.