With this quick and easy 5-minute recipe, you can make a delicious, healthy vegan chocolate pudding with avocado and banana (or persimmon fruit) yourself! The chocolate pudding is wonderfully creamy, dairy-free, soy-free and refined sugar-free so you can eat it not only for dessert, but also for breakfast!
Vegan Avocado and Banana Chocolate Pudding
If you’re looking for a quick chocolate dessert that’s not only delicious but also healthy, this recipe is absolutely perfect! Especially when the chocolate pudding is served chilled from the fridge and garnished with fruity berries, it makes also a great dessert or snack for summer!
Avocados and bananas are healthy and make you as happy as chocolate!
If making a chocolate pudding with avocado and banana sounds a little unusual to you, please don’t be sceptic because this combination is truly amazing!
Avocados and bananas are not only very healthy, but also naturally creamy, sweet tasting and very delicious. You can combine them wonderfully with other fruits, such as raspberries, blueberries, cherries and strawberries and use them in many ways.
By the way, feel free to try my fluffy and light Vegan Chocolate Mousse made with Aquafaba!
Ingredients needed for this recipe
Here are all the ingredients needed for this simple recipe. Instead of avocados, you can use more bananas and less additional sweetness, or instead of bananas, you can use more avocados and a little more additional sweetness to taste. Alternatively, you could also make the chocolate pudding with persimmon fruit.
- Avocados: or more bananas or persimmons.
- Bananas: or more avocados or persimmons.
- Cocoa powder: regular unsweetened baking cocoa.
- Agave syrup: or other syrup to taste such as maple, date or coconut syrup.
- Coconut milk: or other dairy-free milk such as almond, cashew, hazelnut, oat or soy milk. Feel free to use flavored plant milk if you have a favorite.
- Vanilla: or other flavorings or spices like cinnamon. You can also add some peanut butter or other nut butters you like.
- Toppings (of choice): for example berries or other fruits, chopped chocolate, sprinkles or desiccated coconut.
How to make vegan chocolate pudding with avocado and banana
As always, I recommend checking out the recipe video and these step-by-step instructions first. Then you’ll find the full recipe with the exact measurements in the recipe card below!
- First, cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and spoon the flesh into a food processor or blender. Peel and coarsely chop the bananas and add them as well.
- Then add cocoa powder, agave syrup, coconut milk and vanilla and blend until creamy. If the pudding is too thick, simply add some more water or milk.
Tip: If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can also use an immersion stick blender to puree the ingredients until creamy.
You can either serve the creamy vegan chocolate pudding classically in a glass or jar or use it as a filling for small tarts or granola cups. The combination of the crunchy granola crust and the creamy chocolate pudding filling tastes absolutely delicious! Then you’ve got a chocolatey, handy, and fuss-free dessert to serve to your guests.
Garnish your avocado banana chocolate pudding with berries or other toppings of your choice and enjoy it!
How can I store chocolate pudding?
If there is any of the pudding left over, you can store it in a sealed container or jar in the refrigerator. It will keep there for a good 3 days. For longer storage, you can also freeze it. Then, when you need it, remove it, let it thaw for a few minutes, and then enjoy it like chocolate ice cream!
This vegan chocolate pudding is:
- Dairy-free (lactose-free)
- Naturally sweetened
- Wonderfully creamy
- Healthier than classic pudding
- Rich in fiber and healthy fats
- Decorated with fresh berries
- Absolutely delicious!
- The perfect dessert for any occasion!
More easy vegan dessert recipes to serve in a jar
- Chocolate Mousse
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Mango Mousse
- Caramel Cheesecake Mousse
- Red Fruit Jelly with Vanilla Sauce
- Semolina Pudding with Raspberries
- Coconut Rice Pudding
If you try this easy avocado chocolate pudding recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a picture of your dessert and share it on Instagram, please tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka because I love seeing your creations! Enjoy! 😊
Vegan Avocado Banana Chocolate PuddingAuthor:
Toppings (of choice)
- berries or other fruits
- desiccated coconut
*Note: Check out the recipe video + the step-by-step instructions above!
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit and spoon the flesh into a food processor or blender. Peel and coarsely chop the bananas and add them as well.
- Add cocoa powder, agave syrup, coconut milk and vanilla and blend until creamy. If the pudding is too thick, add a little more water or milk. (You can also use an immersion stick blender).
- Instead of avocados, you can use more bananas and less additional sweetness, or instead of bananas, use more avocados and more additional sweetness to taste. Alternatively, you can also make the chocolate pudding with persimmon fruits!
- Feel free to add some peanut butter or other nut butters. You can also add other flavorings or spices like cinnamon.
- More information and tips, including storage notes, are mentioned in the blog post above!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 🙂
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.