Hey my dears,
I‘m back again with a new recipe for you.
Today I namely have Asia noodles with crispy tofu with a delicious creamy chili peanut sesame sauce, in which I could just dive in!
I have to admit that I don‘t really like tofu so much, as it‘s relatively tasteless, but if tofu is spicy marinated and fried golden brown crispy, then it’s just a totally different flavor!
This dish is, of course, quickly and easily prepared. Moreover, I mean, that tofu is now available in practically every refrigerated shelf. Just like some vegetables, peanut butter, sesame seeds, and noodles. You don‘t need to go into an Asian shop extra for that because such products have now almost all supermarkets in stock.
Furthermore, what is in my opinion nearly the most important, of course, are the seasonings and sauces. Because they provide the typical “far eastern flavor“ as well as the spicy aromas. But even these products are available almost everywhere. If you prefer it spicier, you can, of course, add more chili, no matter if as a paste, fresh or dried – anything is fine!
And now let’s start with the recipe:
Peanut Noodles with Crispy TofuAuthor:
- 17.5 oz (500 g) noodles
Chili peanut sesame sauce:
- ½ cup (125 g) peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) sesame oil
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chili paste or fresh chili
- 1-2 tbsp (1 tbsp) paprika or tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 piece of fresh ginger grated
- 12.3 oz (350 g) firm tofu
- peanuts chopped
- sesame seeds
- spring onions
- Cook the noodles according to the packaging instructions until they are 'al dente'.
- For the chili peanut sesame sauce, just put all the ingredients (except the tofu) in a bowl and stir.
- Press the rest of the moisture out of the tofu and cut into cubes.
- Heat up some oil in a pan.
- Place the tofu cubes in the pan and roast until golden brown from both sides.
- Then add about 1/2 cup sauce and let simmer until the sauce starts to evaporate and the tofu absorbs the liquid.
- Carefully scrape off the browned crust from the bottom of the pan, so that you have golden brown crispy tofu with some delicious browned "crumbs" from the sauce after a while.
- Heat up the rest of the sauce in another saucepan.
- Once the noodles are ‚al dente‘, pour off the cooking water, drain the noodles and combine with the remaining sauce in the pan.
- Add the tofu, garnish with spring onions, chopped peanuts as well as sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Enjoy! 🙂
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE!
©Bianca Zapatka | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe. More info here. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!
Disclosure for affiliate links with asterisk (*):
This page may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. You can find more information here.
Leave a Reply