This Raspberry Almond Orange Cake is easy to make in one bowl and takes just a few minutes to put together. It’s incredibly delicious, nutty, moist, juicy with a crunchy almond topping.
Weekends are made for cakes, but this time I couldn’t decide between making an Orange Cake or an Almond Cake. Well, you know me guys, I’m always struggling with making decisions. So I came up with the idea to simply combine both and I made this Raspberry Orange Almond Cake which turned out so delicious! It’s a nutty and fruity cake that’s perfect for a beautiful spring afternoon or any other day.
Raspberry Almond Orange Cake
This Cake reminds me a little bit of the Spanish Orange Almond Cake, I‘ve always enjoyed when I spent my holidays in Spain. I really loved this almondy Spanish dessert made with fresh juicy oranges. While the Spanish Almond Cake is often made with lots of eggs, I wanted to create a vegan version that tasted pretty similar. Anyways, I find, my Almond Cake with Orange flavor comes pretty close to the traditional Spanish version. Even though, it contains no eggs, no dairy, no butter!
Moist, Juicy, Soft, Nutty
The texture is similar to my popular Carrot Cake and my Pumpkin Cake (but without the Cheesecake layer), so it’s pretty moist but still soft, with a melt in your mouth effect. It’s NOT one of those ultra-dry coffee or tea cakes, which require a lot of drinking afterwards to ensure that the cake doesn’t get stuck in your throat! Maybe you’ve experienced the problem with eating a cake that’s so dry it’s difficult to swallow. Although, this Raspberry Almond Cake tastes delicious how it is, I also like to serve it with a dollop of whipped coconut cream, or vegan ice cream and top!
Easy one bowl Vegan Almond Cake
This Raspberry Almond Cake comes together in just one bowl! You can either make it with all-purpose flour, spelt flour or a gluten-free flour blend 1:1. I’ve also added almond flour which adds a nutty flavor to the batter, however, you could also use other ground nuts instead. If you want to sub more regular flour, I recommend adding a little more oil. Otherwise, the Almond Cake will probably get a bit too dry, To sweeten, I used raw cane sugar but other sweeteners are fine too, such as maple syrup, agave syrup, regular sugar, or coconut sugar.
I hope you’ll love this Raspberry Almond Cake. It is:
- Can be made gluten-free
- Soft & fluffy
- With Orange flavor
- Topped with crunchy almond flakes
- Very easy to make!
- So delicious!
Add any fruits you like!
The topping is completely up to you because you can add any fresh fruits and berries you like in this Almond Cake! In spring and summer, I recommend making it with seasonal berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, cherries or red currants. In fall and winter, you can turn this recipe into a traditional Orange Cake and top it with sliced oranges. However, apples, pears, plums, nectarines, apricots, peaches, and bananas are fine too!
If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below sharing how this Raspberry Almond Orange Cake turned out for you! And if you take a photo of your recreation and share it on Instagram, please do not forget to tag me @biancazapatka and use the hashtag #biancazapatka , so I won’t miss it! Happy baking! 😊
Raspberry Almond Orange Cake
Almond Orange Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (180g) *or gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (90g) *read recipe notes for options
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda or sub 1 tsp more baking powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (120ml) or a tiny bit more, if needed
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (80ml) or sub more non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup oil (80ml) or plant-based margarine
- 1-2 tbsp ground flaxseeds or sub soy flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar* (100g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1/2 lemon or orange
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4,5 oz raspberries (125g) or sub other fresh fruits
- 2/3 cup sliced almond
- pomegranate seeds (optional) to garnish
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 355°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch (20cm) baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together non-dairy milk, orange juice, oil, ground flaxseeds, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and vinegar.
- Sift the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined. (Please do not overmix!).
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and set aside for 5 mins.
- Dot the raspberries over the top and sprinkle the sliced almonds over. Bake for about 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick into the center of the cake comes out clean. (If the top of the cake is browning too quickly in the oven, cover it with aluminum foil or baking paper. Keep an eye on it because the baking time may vary).
- Remove cake from oven and let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and pomegranate seeds, if you like.
- Enjoy! 😊
Did you make this recipe?
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE FOLLOWING PICTURE, IF YOU LIKE! 😊
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!