Hi my loves! ?
… and once again I have a super easy, delicious and vegan recipe for you! I guess everyone should know and love the recipe from “Granny‘s Kitchen“ – I‘m talking about potato fritters, or also called “potato pancakes”! ?
These pancakes are only made from potatoes and a bit of flour. The flour ensures that it also applies to moisture retention, even for the “perfect hold”. Usually there is also an egg added, but anyway, it also works without animal products.
Traditionally, potato pancakes are served with applesauce, but I also find them very delicious in the savory variety combined with fried mushrooms, some fresh spring onions and a vegan herb dip. I prefer to make the dip just from cashew nuts and herbs. This also turns out super creamy and tasty even without any dairy products ?.
Moreover these fritters are also very suitable and delicious as “Burger-Pattys” ?? Click here for the burger recipe: Potato Fritter Burger with Carrot Apple Salad
Hopefully you’ve now become curious, so let’s start with the recipe …
Potato Fritters with Cashew Herb Dip (vegan)
For the potato pancakes:
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp vegetable salt
- a bit of pepper
- optionally a bit of nutmeg
- oil for frying
For the cashew herb dip:
- 250 g cashew nuts
- 3-4 tbsp soy yoghurt unsweetened
- 2-3 tbsp yeast flakes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- herbs of choice fresh or dried
- sea salt & pepper
other side dishes:
- spring onions
- For the potato pancakes, peel and grate the potatoes and onion finely.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients and season with the spices.
- Heat up the oil in a pan and place heaps in the pan with a spoon, press them flat, shape and fry each side until golden brown.
- For the cashew-herb dip, soak the cashew nuts for at least 4 hours (or better overnight) in water. Then drain off the soaking water, rinse anew and drain well.
- Then simply blend the soaked cashews with the remaining ingredients in a blender and season to taste as desired.
- Serve the potato pancakes to the dip with fried mushrooms and fresh spring onions.
- Enjoy! 🙂
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!