Hi guys! ?
Today I‘d like to share the recipe for my favorite pumpkin soup with you. This soup is quick and easy to make, very delicious, creamy, healthy, warming and even vegan. So it’s just perfect for warming up on cold days ?. I like the soup the most with roasted mushrooms, pumpkin seeds, a bit of chili flakes and fresh parsley as topping. Served with fresh baked or toasted bread and the ’soup party’ can start! ??? But you can variate the toppings however you like, of course.
… and now here we go with the recipe:
My favorite Pumpkin Soup (easy, vegan)
- 1 kg pumpkin flesh hokkaido
- 1 medium sized potato
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 40 g vegan butter
- 1 l vegetable broth
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 pinch of curry
- 300 g coconut milk or soy cream
- pumpkin seeds
- chili flakes
- fresh parsley
- Peel, core and cut pumpkin into cubes.
- Peel and cut onion, garlic, ginger, potato and carrots as well.
- Heat up butter in a huge pot and sautée onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add ginger and heat it up for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, potato and carrot cubes and roast for about 5 more minutes.
- Pour in vegetable broth, bring to the boil and let it cook for about 20 minutes, until soft.
- Finally, add coconut milk and lemon juice. Purée everything with a blender until smooth and creamy and add curry powder to taste.
- Serve the soup with roasted mushrooms, pumpkin seeds, chili flakes and fresh parsley as desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!