- 100gr red lentils
- 75gr couscous
- 300ml water
- 1 onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp ajvar (or red pepper paste)
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- about 3 tbsp bread crumbs or fine oats (as option)
- polenta (as option to coat)
- 1 tbsp oil (for frying)
- Hummus pikant
- Bring lentils with water in a pot to the boil.
- Then stir in couscous. Set the pot aside and let it swell covered for about 20-30 minutes.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Combine the swollen lentil-couscous-mixture with chopped onions, garlic, tomato paste, ajvar, parsley and seasonings to taste.
- Add bread crumbs and knead until the dough isn’t wet anymore and easily to form.
- Then form patties with wet hands and coat with a bit of polenta.
- Heat up oil in a pan and roast the patties until goldenbrown. (But you can also fry them in a high pot with oil or even serve them raw).
- Tipp: They taste great with Hummus!
A perfect party snack! Enjoy! 🙂
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!