Ingredients for 4 Wraps:
For the Falafel (12 pieces):
- 200gr chickpeas, dried (or 400gr cooked chickepeas)
- 1 onion
- 2-4 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1 handful salt sticks (or bread crumbs)
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- about 1 tsp salt
- chili (as option)
- oil for frying
For the spicy Hummus:
- 250gr chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1,5 tbsp sesame butter
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper powder sweet
- 1 tsp red pepper powder spicy
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tortilla Wraps
- mini bell pepper
- 1-2 avocados
- mini salt pretzels
- Soak chickpeas in a bowl with water for 12 hours at least. Drain afterwards.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic. Rinse parsley and chop as well. Crumble salt sticks. Press lemon.
- Add all ingredients for the falafel to a blender and blend. Season again if necessary and leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- If the dough is still to wet, add more flour. It should be easy to form.
- Form the dough into patties or balls as desired.
- Heat up oil in a pan and roast your falafels until golden brown crispy (about 5 minutes each side) or fry them in a huge pot/ deep fryer with hot oil (for about 4-5 minutes). Optionally, you can also cover your falafels with some oil and bake them in the oven at 200 degrees upper/lower heat or 180 degrees circulating heat for about 25-30 minutes (depends on their size); flip after 15 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients for the hummus until smooth and creamy. Season again if necessary.
- Heat up Tortilla Wraps according to the package instructions.
- Spread with lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, avocado, falafel, hummus and mini pretzels.
- Fold or roll up and enjoy! 🙂
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!