Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 8-9 oz tortellini pasta (250 g) or 6 oz regular dried pasta (160 g)
For the pesto:
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2-3 tbsp hemp seeds
- approx. 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of pepper
- nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
Toppings (of choice):
- hemp seeds
- Cook tortellini or pasta according to directions stated on the package.
- Strip basil leaves, wash and chop them.
- Peel and press garlic.
- Blend all ingredients for the pesto in a blender (add oil last until desired consistency). Season with salt, pepper, nutritional yeast flakes and lemon juice to desired taste.
- As soon as the tortellini/ pasta are ‘done’ pour off the boiling water and combine with pesto.
- Serve your pasta in a pasta bowl and garnish with more hemp seeds and fresh basil or other toppings you like.
- Enjoy ! 😊