- 400gr potatoes (mealy)
- 40gr semolina
- ca. 50gr potato flour
- 1 eggyolk (as option)*
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a bit flour
*for a vegan version, the recipe also works without eggyolk
- Cook potatoes for about 20-25 minutes in a pot with salted water.
- Finally, peel hot potatoes, press through a potato press and let them cool down.
- Later, stir in eggyolk, salt, nutmeg.
- Then add semolina and let it swell for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add potato flour until the dough isn’t sticky anymore.
- Divide the dough and roll both parts to strands (they should be about 1,5-2cm thick).
- Cut the strands into pieces.
- Corm the pieces to small balls and dust them with flour.
- For the typical gnocchi pattern, press a small groove into the balls with a dull knife first; then turn them around and press into the dough with a folk.
- Bring salted water in a pot to the boil and put the gnocchi into the hot water carefully.
- As soon as they come to the surface, remove them from the pot and drain well.
- If you like you can roast them in some oil or butter.
- Enjoy! 🙂