- 500 g potatoes
- 150 g (gluten-free) flour (* see recipe notes)
- 25 g potato flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a bit flour to sprinkle
- Cook potatoes for about 20 minutes (depends on their size) in a pot with salted water until fork-tender.
- Peel the hot potatoes and press them through a potato press (or mash using a potato masher). Let cool.
- Combine mashed potatoes with flour, salt, nutmeg. Add the potato flour until the dough isn't sticky anymore.
- Transfer the dough to a floured working surface, form it into a flat ball and cut into halves. Take a half and form a long rope, rolling it along your floured surface. Cut the rope into 3/4-inch (2 cm) pieces and either cook them this way or create the the typical gnocchi pattern. (You can find step by step pictures in this recipe: Sweet Potato Gnocchi)
- For the typical gnocchi pattern, roll each ball over a fork or over a gnocchi board with your thumb. (If you prefer it easier, you can slightly press against the gnocchi balls with a fork).
- Bring salted water in a pot to the boil and put the gnocchi into the hot water carefully.
- As soon as they float to the surface, they're done. Remove them from the pot with a slotted spoon and drain well.
- Now you can pan-fry them in a little oil or vegan butter until golden brown and crispy roasted or serve them with your favorite pesto or sauce.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- Instead of all-purpose flour, you can substitute a glutenfree-flour blend.
©biancazapatka.com | All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you for supporting biancazapatka.com!